This is an easy staple dish that’s fun & easy to make, so you’ll definitely want to add it to your next weeknight menu. It takes less than 30 minutes to make and makes for a great family meal with a side or two. This recipe can be used as a base for your everyday “vegan pasta”. Ingredients can be mixed up to create a more extensive palate of flavors. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or novice in the kitchen, you’re sure to nail this recipe every time!
This recipe makes about 4-5 servings and makes for great leftovers when packing warm lunches for work.
My favorite thing about making pasta is how versatile it is. I love keeping fresh & frozen veggies on hand as easy fillers to add in. If you’re not into faux meats like vegan sausage, you can try black bean crumbles or opt out and include more veggies.
- Egg-Free Noodles – 8-10 oz
- Pasta Sauce – 1 Jar or 2 cups homemade
- Vegan Sausage – 2 Links
- Fresh or Frozen Spinach – 4-6 oz
- Garlic – 1 tbsp fresh minced or powder
- Optional Add-ins: Onion, Bell Peppers, Basil & Oregano
I’m currently obsessed with Colavita Fettuccine Nests and had been really excited to use them before making this. Typically, I’d do this type of noodle with something cheesy but they really go with just about anything so I couldn’t wait. Since they’re already rolled into cute little pasta balls, you can easily measure how much you will need per person as you drop them in your pot of boiling water. This recipe works with spaghetti noodles, rotini, farfalle, and many more so feel free to swap them out if you’re looking for a different texture.
This simple recipe will take about 20-30 minutes with the ingredients listed. The most lengthy part of the process will be cooking your pasta, so if you can multitask and cook other items while you’re waiting for water to boil and your pasta to cook, you’ll be in good shape.
- Add 6-8 quarts of water to a large pot and set on the backburner on high. It should take about 5 minutes. Continue with steps 2-3 or until water is to a rolling boil.
- In the meantime, saute frozen spinach with garlic (feel free to use vegan butter or olive oil if you need more moisture to prevent it from sticking) for 5-7 minutes on medium/high. Set aside.
- Slice vegan sausage into 1 inch pieces and cook on medium/high for about 5 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Once the water has come to a boil, add 1/2 the package of pasta nests (or 8-10 oz any pasta). Boil for about 7-10 minutes or until noodles are tender and drain.
- Add noodles, vegan sausage, spinach, pasta & sauce back into the large pot and set to medium and cover. Cook for about 5-7 more minutes or until sauce starts simmering. Remove from heat & serve with your favorite sides like vegan “cheezy” garlic toast or a caesar salad.
If I’m being perfectly honest here, my side of choice is almost always homemade vegan garlic toast. This meal can totally stand alone on its own though and is more than enough with or without sides.
If you have questions, comments or have tried this recipe, please leave a note in the section below. Also, be sure to share your favorite dishes that you’d like to see vegan. I love a good challenge!
As always, thanks for your love & support.
‘Til next time!
Subscribe for The Plant Based Bae Newsletter
Sign up to receive updates from The Plant Based Bae & delicious content delivered right to your inbox.
Follow The Plant Based Base via Email
Sign up to receive an email each time a new post is uploaded. Never miss another post again!