Who says you can’t have fun eating plant based? This Loaded Buffalo ‘Chicken’ Fries recipe is sure to send your taste buds into a frenzy! It’s “dude approved” and made by my amazingly talented & handsome vegan boyfriend, A. He always has a way of helping me have more fun in the kitchen by being less conservative of oils & fried foods and this is our way of bringing one our our shared favorites to you!
This recipe results in 2 colossal plates full of loaded, spicy hot goodness. However, the limit does not exist in your own kitchen… especially when you add more fries & toppings.
One thing I love about this recipe is that we almost always have most of the ingredients on hand to make it. If anything, we’ll have to grab a larger thing of fries at the store and pick up some new proteins, but seriously this is an easy choice to satisfy your late night cravings. It might not be the healthiest, but it’s totally plant based, so I think that’s a fair tradeoff for just how good this is.
- Seasoned or Regular Frozen French Fries – We used almost 1/2 the bag.
- Daring Plant Based Chicken – the whole dang thing!
- Sweet Earth Benevolent Bacon Strips – 3-4 cut into little pieces
- Follow Your Heart Vegenaise – 1/4 cup
- Franks Red Hot Wing Sauce – 2 tbsp
- Miso Mayo -3 tbsp
- Chili Powder – 2-3 tsp
- Chipotle Powder – 2-3 tsp
Cooking time is approximately 25 minutes, but maybe up to 35 if you aren’t great at multitasking.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and cook fries for 25 mins.
- While the fries are cooking, add Daring Plant Based Chicken to a medium sized saucepan on medium/high heat. Cook for 10-12 mins and set aside.
- Transfer Sweet Earth Benevolent Bacon to saucepan and cook for 5-7 minutes or until perfectly crispy.
- To make the Buffalo Topping Sauce, add Follow Your Heart Veganaise, Miso Mayo, Chili & Chipotle powder to a medium sized bowl and whisk until evenly mixed.
- When the fries are done, layer everything in this order: fries, Buffalo Topping Sauce, Daring Plant Based Chicken, Sweet Earth Benevolent Bacon, & finally… drizzle Franks Red Hot Wing Sauce over the top.
This recipe is good to eat as-is! However, it you want to swap items out or switch it up, you can always replace the Franks sauce with sriracha and even add melted vegan ‘cheeze’.
If you have questions, comments or have tried this recipe, please leave a note in the section below. Also, be sure to share your favorite dishes that you’d like to see vegan. A & I love a good challenge!
As always, thanks for your love & support.
‘Til next time!
Subscribe for Monthly Newsletter
Sign up to receive monthly updates from The Plant Based Bae & delicious content delivered right to your inbox.
Follow The Plant Based Base via Email
Sign up to receive email updates each time a new post is uploaded. Never miss another post again!